Pipeline companies follow a continuous improvement cycle to implement leading practices and improve performance.
How Integrity First works:
- Integrity First is an on-going performance improvement initiative.
- Priority areas – such as pipeline integrity, emergency management and control room management – are identified through research and feedback that is gathered from the public and industry.
- Subject matter experts from CEPA’s member companies then develop documents that guide improvement in each of those priority areas.
- These ‘guidance documents’ are used by member companies to self-assess and evaluate their operations in the priority areas. Based on the outcomes of the self-assessment, members identify gaps at a company level and industry level and collaborate to close the gaps.
- The self-assessments provide members an opportunity to identify where industry can improve and subsequently action plans are developed to further drive improvements.
- The self-assessment process and adoption of the Integrity First program is verified by an independent third party.
- Collectively, members, through Integrity First, share their performance and activities in each area to increase accountability and transparency; for instance in CEPA’s annual pipeline performance report.
This process is repeated and refined for each priority, providing a collaborative and structured approach to industry-wide continuous improvement and demonstrating our members’ commitment to take their practices to the highest level.
Collaborating on leading practices
Explore the Areas of focus
Listening to diverse perspectives
Explore the External Advisory Panel