Pipeline companies follow a continuous improvement cycle to implement leading practices and improve performance.
How Integrity First works:
- Integrity First is an on-going performance improvement initiative.
- Priority areas – such as pipeline integrity, emergency management and control room management – are identified through research and feedback that is gathered from the public and industry.
- Subject matter experts from CEPA’s member companies then develop documents that guide improvement in each of those priority areas.
- These ‘guidance documents’ are used by member companies to self-assess and evaluate their operations in the priority areas. Based on the outcomes of the self-assessment, members identify gaps at a company level and industry level and collaborate to close the gaps.
- The self-assessments provide members an opportunity to identify where industry can improve and subsequently action plans are developed to further drive improvements.
- The self-assessment process and adoption of the Integrity First program is verified by an independent third party.
- Collectively, members, through Integrity First, share their performance and activities in each area to increase accountability and transparency; for instance in CEPA’s annual pipeline performance report.
This process is repeated and refined for each priority, providing a collaborative and structured approach to industry-wide continuous improvement and demonstrating our members’ commitment to take their practices to the highest level.
Collaborating on leading practices
Explore the Areas of focus