The Canadian Energy Pipeline Association (CEPA) is a non-profit organization whose membership is comprised of Canada’s leading owners and operators of transmission pipelines. Its members transport virtually all of the natural gas and crude oil produced in Canada to markets across North America.
The team at CEPA has a wide range of experience and expertise in government and stakeholder relations, policy and regulation, communications and engineering. They are committed to working on behalf of its members for successful and positive outcomes to challenges faced by the pipeline industry.
Reporting to the Vice President, Business Environment with direction from the Manager, Policy & Regulatory, the Regulatory and Policy Coordinator will provide administrative and process planning assistance and support to help CEPA’s Business Environment team meet its objectives. As a member of the regulatory and policy team, the Coordinator will focus on ensuring processes and plans are executed in an effective and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate is an organized and competent professional with excellent written and oral communication skills and strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suites). He/she is comfortable dealing with people and able to work independently and with teams, and is able to demonstrate the ability to execute deliverables in a fast-paced environment. Specific tasks will include:
- Plan and organize meetings with CEPA members to discuss regulatory, legislative and policy developments and support the development of industry wide strategies to address areas of concern;
- Prepare meeting minutes including action tracking and meeting follow-up;
- Maintain files and records with effective digital filing systems;
- Coordinate government and stakeholder meetings on behalf of the VP, Business Environment and Manager, Regulatory and Policy.
- Support the development of reports, briefs, and correspondence in support of CEPA’s Business Environment working groups objectives and work plans.
- Tracking and circulating information regarding industry trends to ensure CEPA and its members are educated and informed regarding potential regulatory and policy challenges;
- Working with the Regulatory and Policy team and CEPA’s members in coordinating strategic initiatives and correspondence to governments, regulators and other stakeholders.
As a candidate for the Regulatory and Policy Coordinator your background includes:
- A degree or diploma in business administration, public administration or the equivalent in educational achievement and work experience;
- 2 – 5 years of relevant working experience in administrative/coordination role
- Demonstrated working knowledge of federal and provincial political/regulatory processes;
- Experience managing diverse interests and balancing diverse needs.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites (SharePoint, Word, Excel, Outlook, ect.)
Your skills and abilities include:
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams;
- Ability to interpret and synthesize complex information;
- Good organizational and time management skills, capable of working independently, and functioning well in a team environment;
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment;
- Strong people skills and an ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong understanding of customer service philosophy.
- Motivated self-starter with an attention to detail.
For additional information please contact and forward your cover letter and résumé, to: firstname.lastname@example.org