The Canadian Energy Pipeline Association (CEPA) has an opening for an administrative professional to join its administrative team in Calgary, AB, Canada.
The Canadian Energy Pipeline Association (CEPA) represents Canada’s transmission pipeline companies who operate about 119 thousand kilometers of transmission pipelines in Canada and 16 thousand kilometers in the United States. In 2016 CEPA members transported approximately 1.4 billion barrels of liquids (crude oil and refined petroleum products (3.7 million barrels per day), and 5.6 trillion cubic feet of natural gas (15.3 billion cubic feet per day).
This position, reporting to the Strategic Director, Finance & Business Operations, is responsible for the effective and efficient day to day reception and hospitality service, and efficient office operations. The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to CEPA.
The ideal candidate is an individual with a post-secondary education in business administration or similar. The candidate must demonstrate excellent administration and coordination capabilities, honed through previous experience in a corporate office environment. Specific tasks will include:
- Provide primary reception and hospitality services to CEPA office.
- Provide administrative support to Directors, managers and other CEPA staff, including organization, logistics and hospitality arrangements, and general administrative support and back up to coordinators.
- Support with Event Management, ad-hoc administrative projects and assisting with Sharepoint site.
- Act as main point of contact for office building essentials, including maintenance, cleaning and service requests, access cards, office equipment maintenance and supplies.
- Manage the CRM database as the single point of contact, including regular updates, ensuring accuracy of coding and query requests
- Plan events including developing and distributing invitations, managing e-registration and RSVPs, design name tags/place cards and collateral material as well as providing on-site support.
- Provide meeting support by sending out notices, tracking, set-up/clean-up, catering, technology and logistics (conference call, web ex, smart board, projector), and, document support/printing.
- Provide document formatting and preparation – MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), assistance/support with other programs (e.g., graphic design, social media and email marketing programs).
- Assist with various administrative projects.
- Supports Executive Assistants as required.
- Post-secondary education such as a diploma in business administration.
- Minimum two years of experience in a corporate office environment, preferably energy sector.
- Advanced skills in MS Office suite of software (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Advanced knowledge in other software and computer programs (e.g. database contact management, Intranet/SharePoint platforms, web editing software).
Ability to multi-task
- Ability to multi-task
- Team player
- Well organized
- Highly motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
To apply for the position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
Salary and benefits package will be commensurate with experience.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those whose qualifications and experience are deemed suitable for the position will be contacted.
For additional information about CEPA, please click on the following link:
Closing Date: November 3, 2017